I’ve never been one to make New Year’s Resolutions. They seem cliché to me. But, I do believe in setting Intentions for one’s life. I believe in goals. I am a planner by nature. I believe if you set a goal and make a plan, you can do whatever you set your mind to.
After reflecting back on the last few years of my life, I see some opportunities for growth and continued improvement. Below is a rough list of Intentions or goals that I am setting for my life. This list is not all-inclusive. There are a few things that are far too personal and I have chosen to not share them on my blog. This list is long-term and is a multi-year approach to my life. Basically, this list is a rough list of Intentions for my life and I will use it as a jumpstart to get me moving in the right direction 2013.
I will continue to focus on improving my health in all aspects so I can live a full active life. I will continue to make choices that promote health and wellness in my life. This includes continued commitment to fitness with regular exercise five to seven days per week. While I am now an average weight for my height, I would like to lose an extra 5 to 10 pounds. Since I came this far and lost 80lbs I may as well lose another 5 to 10lbs and get back to my college weight:-)
I will remain committed to being alcohol free. I know if I drink alcohol I will become sick again. I won’t let that happen.
I welcome physical health into my life in 2013.
Emotional and Mental Health
I will continue to make strong healthy choices for myself that focus on taking care of my emotional and mental health. I will make sure to look for ways to better manage stress and anxiety. I will continue speak my peace. I will not internalize. I will not bottle everything up inside. I will allow people to help me. I will allow those who love me to take care of me when I need support. I will seek help when I need it. I will say what I need to say.
I welcome emotional and mental health into my life in 2013.
I will focus my energies on managing money better. It’s been difficult to manage money because of the large medical expenses I’ve had in the last two years. Even with decent insurance I’ve racked up some medical bills for multiple hospital visits. But, I am hoping 2013 will be a year of improvement in my health which will also mean an improvement in discretionary dollars to use for travel or savings.
I welcome wealth and abundance into my life in 2013.
It is vitally important to me to keep up my spiritual well-being. I am committed to nurturing my connection to source strength which only comes by practicing Yoga, Meditating, praying, practicing Reiki, offering compassion and empathy to others, by protecting my Karma and the Karma of others. I will live my Mantra of Peace, Love and Happiness. I will remember that change starts with me. I will allow myself to feel unbridled optimism and passion for my life. I will have the courage to do the hard things in life for the right reasons. I will not give up or give in. I will allow the fire in my belly to burn brightly for all to see.
I welcome spirituality in my life in 2013.
I plan to continue to surround myself with like-minded people and with people who are good influences for me. We don’t have to agree on everything. We don’t have to have all the same habits or make the same lifestyle choices. For example, I don’t drink Alcohol because I can’t. But, I don’t care if others do while we are out. I am out regularly with people who are drinking when I am not and it’s perfectly fine. But, we need to hold the same basic values.
I will continue to keep up and enforce my boundaries in all relationships.
I like to learn from people. Teach me something. Mold me, inspire me, encourage me and shape my world. Be someone I can respect and look up to. Make an impact on my life.
I will show my love and affection openly for those I love. I will make sure those I love know how I feel. I will continue to believe in LOVE.
I will continue to believe in people.
I will release the past so I can open both arms to welcome the here and now of my life.
I will not give up on LOVE.
I welcome LOVE in all forms into my life in 2013.
Now, here are some things I would like to work on or carry out in the future. There is no deadline on any of these. I just would like to do them sometime in the future whether that they happen this year or twenty years from now:-)
- I plan to do a Volunteer Vacation on Blackfeet Indian Reservation in the Glacier Mountains of Montana. Afterwards, I want to decompress for a few days with a Yoga Retreat at Big Sky Yoga Retreats in Bozeman, Montana and spend a few days in Glacier National Park. I always wanted to go to Montana and breathe in the fresh cold air and beautiful sky. I may have to do these two things in separate trips. If possible, I would like to do the Yoga Retreat in the next year or two. Volunteer Vacation can wait until I have more free time.
- plan to do a Yoga retreat in Bali. This is my dream vacation. Yoga and relaxation in Bali. Anyone want to go to Bali with me?
- I plan to continue to spend my birthday each year at Kripalu Center in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. It’s a wonderful way to bring in my new birth year. Anyone interested in a mini-vacation in mid-march? Meet me at Kripalu:-)
- I plan to go Zip Lining in Poconos.
- I plan to go on a SPA Vacation at the Red Mountain Resort in Utah. This will be totally for R & R only. http://www.redmountainresort.com/
- I plan to drive across the great USA one day. I am thinking I would take the Northern route to the West Coast and the Southern Route(Route 66) back East.
- I plan to go to the Kentucky Derby one day. I will wear a great, big, beautiful HAT that matches nothing!
- A lifelong friend of mine lives in Loughmacaory, Northern Ireland. She keeps inviting me to come for visit. I was planning to go last year until I go so sick. I would love to go. Maybe later this year or next year.
- I plan to start working on a Memoir type of book. I’ve been told I have good story to tell and should write a book. With working full-time and being sick I really haven’t had the energy to devote to this project. But, I am hoping with the continued improvement in my health, I’ll have more energy. Otherwise, it will have to wait until I am 62 and retire from my full-time job.
- I plan to attend a Writing Workshop. I have an idea for Fiction type of novel. But, again, I have no time to write it. And, I am having problems structuring it. The Writing Workshop would help get me centered and help me come up with plan.
- I plan to write short stories and submit them for hard and soft copy publications.
- I plan to enter writing contests, at least one per year, to continuously hone my craft.
- Now that I’ve lost all the weight, it’s time to tighten things up. I plan to focus on muscle conditioning, toning and building to keep a thin strong body.
- I plan to continue my Reiki training and obtain the level of Reiki Master.
- I plan to include Tai Chi and Qi Gong into my life. I enjoy both.
- I plan to nurture my intuitive “sensitive” abilities. While at times they scare me, I understand now I need to embrace it.
- Finally, this list would not be complete unless I threw in, I plan on hitting the lottery, quitting work and doing everything I wrote above in the next year. Yee hah!!!!
Well, this is just few things to start with to get me moving in the right direction. I am sure I missed something so I may edit this post and add on to it at times. But, this is a start.
Thanks for reading and joining me in my journey to find Peace, Love & Happiness.
Namaste (the Divinity in me bows to the Divinity to you)!