The Heart’s impact on our life is far greater than just pumping blood and giving us life. There is actually a very strong connection between the heart and the mind. By learning how to listen to your Heart’s intuitive wisdom we can harness the power of our hearts to neutralize stress and empower our minds.
In a nutshell, the Heart Math Quick Coherency technique is :
When a negative thought enters your mind or if you are stressed, focus your energy on the area around your heart. Think of a happy joyful memory or thought, take five deep breaths into your heart. Feel your spirits become uplifted as you think of something that makes you happy and gives you joy. After the five breadths, ask your heart a question. Ask your heart for its wisdom or direction.
I just learned this technique over Thanksgiving weekend so I am still working on it. But, I’ve already noticed some success in reducing anxiety and hearing my heart’s true wisdom.
Here’s the link to website and below is a seven minute video about the practice.
- HeartMath: The Heart Is More Powerful Than The Brain (wearechange.org)
- Our Heart Has A Consciousness Of Its Own (veraiconica.wordpress.com)
- How the Heart is Like a ‘Little Brain’: Which is Really in Control? (theepochtimes.com)
- At the Heart of it All – HeartMath (omtimes.com)
- Your Intuitive Heart. Trust it! (intuitivepower.wordpress.com)